Saturday, December 1, 2012

Perikangai Chutney


When I was little I don’t like this vegetable even I don’t show interest to taste it. During my college days I don’t know how I started to eat this, but loved what ever my mom makes out of Perikangai.


Ingredients:


Perikangai chopped         2 cup
Onion chopped                 ½ cup
Green chili                           1-2
Mustard seeds                   1 tsp
Turmaric powder             1 tsp
Chili powder                     ½ cup
Curry leaves
Salt
Oil





Directions:


  1. In a pan heat oil splutter mustard seeds, add onion, curry leaves and green chilli.
  2. Wait until onion turns soft; add perikangai and sauté for few minutes.
  3. Now add turmeric, chili powder and salt.
  4. Sprinkle some water and allow it to cook for few minutes.
  5. Once its done mash it or blend it. Serve with Idli and Dosa.
 
 
Note:
For mashing  use blender, grind into a course paste. it should be chunky.

No comments: