Sunday, December 16, 2012

Quick Tomato Juice Rasam


Most of the time I use to have Tomato juice in my refrigerator, we use to take rasam everyday for lunch, some days I use to have sambar, poriyal but no rasam those days I use to prepare this and its so simple and quick.


Ingredients:


Tomato Juice
1 cup
Onion chopped
¼ cup
Garlic crushed
2 pods
Rasam powder
2 tsp
Chili powder
½ tsp
Turmeric powder
¼ tsp
Pepper powder
½ tsp
Asafetida
a pinch
Coriander
few
Water
¾ cup
Oil
1 Tbsp
Ghee (optional)
1 tsp
Mustard seeds
1 tsp
Salt
 
 
 
 

 
 

Directions:

  1. Heat oil in pan and splutter mustard seeds, then add onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
  2. Add crushed garlic, chili powder, rasam powder, and turmeric powder and asafetida sauté for few seconds.
  3. Now add tomato juice, water and salt. Once it starts to boil add pepper powder, ghee, coriander and turn off the stove.
  4. Serve with hot rice and appalm.
 
 
 
 
 
Note: If you don’t have tomato juice no problem. Put 2 tomatoes in boiling water cook for 2-3 minutes then remove the skin and blend to fine pure you can add this instead of tomato juice.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

cookbookjaleela said...

Yummy rasam, All time my favorite,
Thanks for linking , If time permits pls visit my space.

http://cookbookjaleela.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-own-event-bachelors-feast.html
http://cookbookjaleela.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-moment-winner-award-11.html

Manju said...

Thanks Jaleela even I like this rasam. Sure will check your blog regularly.