Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Carrot Halwa


This is one of the easy desserts, my mom use to make this when I am little but as I grew up I didn’t show much interest in this, even she use to do beetroot halwa need to try next time. My kids love carrot, usually when I am shredding they use to eat a lot, I tried this last week for a get together. But I didn’t work for my kids my friends son liked it.

Ingredients:


Carrot Shredded
1 ½ cups
Milk
1 ½ cups
Water
½ cup
Sugar
½ cup
Cashew nut
1 Tbsp
Raisin
½ Tbsp
Ghee
2 Tbsp
Cardamom powder
¼ tsp
 
 
 
 

 
 

Direction:


  1. Heat ghee, add cashew roast a minute and add raisin, when it turn golden brown add carrot fry for few minutes.
  2. Once carrot turns soft add milk and water cook until ¾ of the liquid is evaporated (keep stirring frequently).
  3. In this stage add sugar and cook until moisture evaporates and ghee starts to ooze’s out.
  4. Add cardamom powder and turn off the stove.
 

Note: You can substitute milk with water too. When adding milk it enhances the taste.
Cardamom is optional this halwa has its unique flavor.
 
 
Sharing to: jagruti,
 
Gayathri
 
 

No comments: