Monday, January 21, 2013

Young jackfruit Dry Curry/ Palakkai Pooriyal

One of my friends MIL told me where I can get this young jackfruit. I have been to the Asian Market lot of time but I haven't noticed that, Its time to Thank her. Thanks Aunty. After that I found this in Indian store and also in some international stores. I am trying this for first time and we all liked this. It’s already half cooked, so it’s very easy and quick, a simple dish. By adding moong dal we can get enough protein also.
 

Ingredients:

Young jackfruit
1 tin
Moong dal
2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds
1 tsp
Dry red chili
1-2
Coconut shredded
1 Tbsp
Chili powder
1 tsp
Curry leaves
few
Onion chopped
¼ cup
Salt
 
Oil
 
 
 
 

 
 

Directions:


  1. Rinse the jackfruit well before you chop them. Chop finely. Soak the moong dal for 20 – 30 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chili. Add onion and sauté for few minutes.
  3. Add the chopped jackfruit and cook with enough salt and water. When it’s almost cooked add chili powder and moong dal.
  4. Cook until the moong dal and jackfruit cooks well, add coconut and turn of the stove.
 

No comments: