Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Carrot Kheer


Hurry it’s my 100th post. Yep I planned to post a sweet for my 100th post, for our Friday get together I planned this carrot kheer in last minute. One of my friends also did the same and unfortunately we didn’t discuss about dessert. At last we end up with two carrot kheers with different versions, finally I finished it yesterday. Thought to post this yesterday but it was a long day for me and I was totally drained, with full energy blogging today. Coming back to the dessert it’s a simple and very quick dessert can be prepared in half an hour time.

Ingredients:


Milk
4 cups
Carrot
3 big
Condensed milk / Milkmaid
¼ cup
Sugar
¼ cup
Cardamom powder
½ tsp
Cashew nut
1 Tbsp
Raisins
1 Tbsp
Ghee
2 tsp
 
 
 

 

Direction:

  1. Peel the carrot and cut into cubes and pressure cook for 1 whistle with little water (you can steam it for 10- 12 minutes too).
  2. Allow it to cool and grind to paste. I got 1 cup thick pure.
  3. Meantime boil the milk in heavy bottomed vessel and reduce to 3 cups. Now add the carrot pure, sugar and condensed milk and mix well.
  4. Wait for it to boil once, roast cashew nut and raisin in ghee and add to kheer with cardamom powder.
  5. Mix well and turn off the stove. Serve warm or cold.
Note:
Sugar will be mild, if your sweet toothed you might need more.
 

3 comments:

Aruna Manikandan said...

congratulations and wishing u many more...
carrot kheer looks delicious :)

Unknown said...

congratz manju !! and yummy kheer to celebrate just perfect !!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100'th post and this is a lovely dessert to celebrate :)