Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pumpkin Bread


Pumpkin bread is today’s recipe from King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking book. When I first saw this name I thought it’s some thing new from our regular bread, but after reading the recipe found it, it’s a tea time snack. I was left with half a tin of pumpkin and thought it will be good to start my morning with a healthy food like this. I am a lazy person to prepare breakfast for myself, thought this will go perfect for me. Yep it’s complete filling, healthy Breakfast with a cup of milk or coffee. Hope this will help lot of people like me, will come back soon with more recipe like this.

Ingredients:


Whole wheat flour
2 cups (8 oz)
Baking powder
½ tsp
Baking soda
1 tsp
Salt
½ tsp
Nutmeg powder
¼ tsp
Cinnamon powder
½ tsp
Brown sugar
1 cup (7 ½ oz)
White sugar
¼ cup
Butter
½ cup (4 oz)
Canned pumpkin
1 cup (9 oz)
Vanilla extract
1 tsp
Eggs
3
Raisins
¼ cup
Walnut
¾ cup
Chocolate chips
¼ cup
 
 
 

 

Direction:


  1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 10×5 inch pan.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, stopping and scrapping the sides.
  4. Beat in vanilla and pumpkin. Now add flour mixture, mix well until evenly moistened.
  5. Stir in the nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
  6. Pour in the batter into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes and slice that to 12 pieces.
Note:
You can make this as muffins too.
For this recipe I used oz for measuring, I have read before when measuring in cups and scales always varies, that too when coming for flour for best result follow oz measuring.
 
 
Sharing to:  Dish it Out
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: